Next month, provided everything goes according to plan, I will be taking on the challenge of visiting all 14 LEGO retail stores in the UK in succession.
Because giving credit is a big thing for SilentMode.tv, I should mention this isn’t an original idea. Another AFOL (not sure whether to mention their name or not) did a store crawl a few years ago. At the time there were only nine stores.
So you know this is a real thing, I’ve even created a fancy graphic. You know, just to make it look official. 🙂
Why the Store Crawl?
The Store Crawl will take place in September, most likely starting on the week of the 4th. I’m taking on this challenge for three specific reasons:
- To visit unknown parts of the country. Most of my time has been spent in London. Even though the LEGO hobby has opened things up to be able to travel, there are several places I’ve never been to. The Store Crawl will be my first opportunity to visit both Scotland and Wales.
- To visit all the LEGO retail stores. I’ve tried to visit the stores during their Grand Opening weekends, but haven’t been able to for the newer ones. It would also be great to see how the different stores compare, if they still do.
- As a personal challenge. Because I’ve been on an event hiatus (at least as a whole), this is something equally interesting to fill the void.
Doing this Store Crawl should also help to spread awareness about SilentMode.tv and my other activities. A lot of you have hidden behind the idea of not knowing who I am or that I exist, perhaps for good reason. By the time this crawl is over, anyone who still doesn’t know of me probably doesn’t want to anyway.
Of course, I’m going to be posting content during and certainly after my travels.
The store locations…
In no particular order, these are the locations to be visited:
- Westfield (Shepherds Bush)
- Leicester Square
- Milton Keynes
- Nottingham bonus destination.
Because I’m aiming to visit all the stores in succession, I’m still trying to figure out the logistics. I want to avoid dipping in and out of cities, especially those I’m visiting for the first time.
There’s going to be a rough time limit of two weeks to complete the Store Crawl.
What you can do to help.
To give me a helping hand with this Store Crawl, I’m holding a sale in both my Brick Owl and [other site] online stores. The proceeds from the sale will go toward the cost of the Store Crawl, which will mainly be for travelling and accommodation. (I will be travelling via public transport.)
If you happen to be in any of the cities and want to hang out for a bit, let me know. It would be great to interact with other people along the way.